Vodacom #MegYourDay – a bold initiative set to deliver unrivalled value to 37 million customers
Vodacom has officially launched #MegYourDay, a ground-breaking campaign which offers its 37 million prepaid, hybrid and contract customers access of up to 1GB in free daily data to use on a variety of sports, lifestyle, gaming and social media platforms. Given the three month duration of the promotion, a customer could access as much as an additional 90GB of data value in total.
“After we launched free Facebook Flex, which now boasts over a million unique users, customers have been calling out for access to a wider range of platforms. #MegYourDay is the product of these numerous conversations, underpinning our commitment to enhancing the customer experience and delivering more value to our 37 million customers. It is also our way of demonstrating our commitment to delivering digital content services in the most affordable way”, says Nyimpini Mabunda, Chief Officer Consumer Business Unit.
Every day of the week will follow a particular theme with access to different platforms:
- Monday is “Facebook Monday”- Facebook
- Tuesday is “Lifestyle Tuesday”- Takealot.com and Pinterest
- Wednesday is “Gaming Wednesday”- Vodacom Games, VuClip, DOCOMO Digital and Gamemine
- Thursday is “Instagram Thursday” - Instagram
- Friday is “Music Friday”- Four Primedia Radio Stations (947 on 94.7fm, 702 on 92.7fm, xxx on 94.5fm and xxx on 567am) and the JOOX music streaming app
- Saturday is “Sports Saturday”- SuperSport app and online, DStv Now app and online
- Sunday is “Video Sunday”- YouTube and VuClip
Vodacom continues to deliver on its pricing transformation strategy to differentiate itself as the mobile network of choice for consumers. “A key differentiator for us is the quality, strength and reliability of our network. This is particularly important in a promotion like this to ensure that our customers have the best experience when enjoying their favourite platforms without network disruptions. We are proud to say that customers on the Vodacom network experience faster upload & download speeds, enhancing their experience on any social or digital platform”, adds Nyimpini.
To access their free daily allocation, prepaid customers on the Vodacom network must have purchased a 100MB bundle that is active and has a positive balance, while contract customers must has a positive data balance. Then opt in to #MegYourDay via USSD (*111* 634*) or the My Vodacom App. The #MegYourDay promotion runs until 30 September 2017.
#MegYourDay is the latest in a host of value-enhancing innovations from Vodacom. Other recent successes include: ‘Play Every Day’, ‘YouTube SmartOffline’ , ‘Double Your Data’ promotion and Night Owl Bundles’ to give customers more affordable access to digital content services.
Vodacom’s 2016 summer promotion, Play Every Day, has been one of our most successful consumer campaigns to date. More than 16million customers were engaged with the promotion, including over 800k new customers. Play Every Day uses the gamification model to reward customers with free holidays, electronic & digital prizes, airtime and data. Close to 80million free data and voice bundles have been allocated so far.
View previous press releases
Vodacom notice - Phishing
Vodacom has recently been made aware of some customers receiving fraudulent emails claiming to be from Vodacom and asking for updated contact information. The mails may even look authentic and contain the Vodacom logo and corporate colours.
Note: Vodacom won't ever ask for personal information over email.
These are scams commonly known as 'phishing' and all Vodacom customers should take note of the following before responding to an email from a site asking for personal information.
- Check that the email address and the sender name match.
- Hover over (but do not click) any links to check if the address matches the link that was typed in the message.
- Make sure that the email address or phone number listed in the email is the same as the one that should be on that company's records.
- Does the message start with a generic greeting, like "Dear customer." Most legitimate companies will include the recipient's name in their messages
If you suspect a phishing mail, contact our customer care by dialing 111 from your Vodacom handset. Alternatively, send us an email by completing the Scams & Hoax form.