Vodacom Video Play launches new comedy channel
Vodacom has extended its Video Play bouquet following the launch and addition of a new comedy channel called ‘Gunga7.com.’ This follows a content licensing deal with production company Diprente Films and takes the total number of channels to 10 (and they include; music, gospel, sports, kids, news, lifestyle, NXT LVL, Siyakha, TV shows).
‘Gunga7.com’ is a subscription channel that goes live today. For R4, 99 a day or R14, 99 a week or R39, 99 a month viewers can now enjoy a large selection of local comedy shows. These include:
- ‘The Bantu Hour’ hosted by Kagiso Lediga and Hugh Masekela,
- ‘Next of Next Week’ featuring comedians Skhumba Hlophe and Thapelo Seemise, “Tips Shampoo”, Ntosh Madlingozi and Celeste Ntuli,
- ‘Late Night News’ with Loyiso Gola
- And old favourite ‘Pure Monate Show’ featuring a host of comedians including David Kau, Joey Rasdien, Chris Forrest, and Riaad Moosa.
View previous press releases
Vodacom notice - Phishing
Vodacom has recently been made aware of some customers receiving fraudulent emails claiming to be from Vodacom and asking for updated contact information. The mails may even look authentic and contain the Vodacom logo and corporate colours.
Note: Vodacom won't ever ask for personal information over email.
These are scams commonly known as 'phishing' and all Vodacom customers should take note of the following before responding to an email from a site asking for personal information.
- Check that the email address and the sender name match.
- Hover over (but do not click) any links to check if the address matches the link that was typed in the message.
- Make sure that the email address or phone number listed in the email is the same as the one that should be on that company's records.
- Does the message start with a generic greeting, like "Dear customer." Most legitimate companies will include the recipient's name in their messages
If you suspect a phishing mail, contact our customer care by dialing 111 from your Vodacom handset. Alternatively, send us an email by completing the Scams & Hoax form.