Vodacom Group Limited trading update for the quarter ended 31 December 2016
1 February 2017
- Group service revenue up 1.3% to R17 443 million with revenue up 1.2% to R21 222 million, normalised growth, excluding currency translation effects, was 4.4%* and 3.9%* respectively
- We added 1.6 million Group active customers during the quarter, 690 000 in South Africa and 876 000 in our International operations, to now reach 65.2 million active customers across the Group
- Group data revenue increased 18.4% to R6 533 million, representing 37.5% of service revenue
- South Africa service revenue grew 5.5% to R13 410 million, driven by strong data revenue growth of 22.0%
- International service revenue declined 8.2% (+3.4%*) to R4 206 million; impacted by customer registration processes and currency volatility.
View previous press releases